| Welcome to Winding Wool Creek Fiber,
where we wrap you in the warmth only nature can provide.
My name is Barb.
I feature Wool products at all levels, from raw wool roving to the finished piece. I handspin yarn, hand dye yarns and roving, needle felt, wet felt and a tiny bit of weaving.
My second love is stained glass and glass fusing.
I offer glass buttons, my creation, sheep pins and pendants.
Thanks for stopping by.
Wool Felt is a non woven fabric made when you combine sheeps wool with soap, water and agitation. The finished product is a lovely, soft, yet strong material that wisks away moisture as well as keeps you warm. This cloth has sheltered and clothed people back to before biblical times. This old technique has become new again in so many ways.
This website is a work in process, please be patient with me. This high tech stuff scares me a bit.
I am a member of the Weaver's Guild of Kalamazoo, MI (www.weaversguildofkalamazoo.org) and the
Woodland Weavers and Spinners Guild out of Grand Rapids, MI (www.wwas.org).
Up coming events:
* Fiber Fiesta, May 14, 2011 in Greenville, Michigan. 10 to 4.
* Fiber Arts Festival at Castle Farms, Charevoix, Michigan July 23, 24, 2011. www.castlefarms.com. What an incredible place to have a show! There is so much history behind this castle. It was built by one of the founders of Sears & Robuck. At one point, purchased and used as a outdoor concert venue. The currently owners are restoring it back to what it looked like when built with many new additions. Each year there is something new to check out.
* Michigan Fiber Festival, Allegan Fair Grounds, Allegan, Michgan. August 20, 21, 2011.
* Fall Festival, Pentwater, Michigan, September 24 and 25, 2010. Brought to you by the Pentwater Chamber of Commerce
* Weaver's Guild of Kalamazoo's Weavers & Fiber Artists Sale, Kalamazoo County Expo Center and Fairgrounds, 2900 Lake Street, Kalamzoo, MI. November 17 through 19, 2011.
* Yarnie Winter Holiday Open House at the Yarn Hollow Studio, 3041 Broadway SW, Grandville, MI
Saturday, December 4, 2010 from 11:00 to 5:00. Go to www.yarnhollow.com for more information. Featuring 6 artistians from the area. Broadway is just east of Canal on Chicago Drive. There is an Adobi Restaurant at the corner.
* Woodland Weavers & Spinners Guilds, Textile Arts Market Friday December 9, 2011 from 2 to 8 and Saturday, December 10 from 10 to 4:30 at the Prince Conference Center, Calvin College Campus, 1800 East Beltline SE, (NE corner) Grand Rapids, MI. Go to www.wwas.org for more information.